Welcome back to my new series where I share my real life, goals, and dreams for the future.
I’m also sharing daily on Snapchat & Instagram so you can follow along there: My Snapchat is: SimplyTaylorXox & My Instagram is: ByTaylorStanford
Remember January when I was writing blog posts about everything I wanted this year to be?
Well needless to say it’s now August and things have definitely changed and I wanted to update what my goals are, and why they have changed.
What were my goals before?
Reading my goals from before everything this year has become literally makes me laugh because I definitely thought this year would be way different.
- Projects: I wanted to create 4 courses and 4+ physical products.
- Things to do: I wanted to start a podcast, a YouTube channel, and start sending weekly emails.
- Business: I wanted to change the structure of the business, grow my team, and get an office space.
- Travel: I wanted to go to Disney World twice and visit Texas to see if we wanted to move there.
- Personal: I wanted to buy a Lincoln Navigator Black Label, I wanted a pool, I wanted a bathroom with a nice tub, I wanted a walk-in pantry with plugs (that is so specific it makes me laugh)
- Financial: I wanted to make $1,000,000 in revenue.
What have I achieved so far?
- Business: I changed the structure of the business.
- Travel: I went to Disney World once for a week in January.
- Personal: I got my Lincoln Navigator! Truly a dream come true. I moved into a neighborhood with a community pool. Our new house does have a super nice bathroom with a soaking tub, and a walk-in pantry with plugs.
What goals have changed?
- Projects: I no longer want to create 4 courses and 4 physical products. I just want to create 1 new course.
- Things to do: I no longer want to start a YouTube channel but I would still love to start sending weekly emails and start a Podcast.
- Business: I no longer want to get an office space, and I’ll probably wait a while to grow my team.
- Travel: I would love to go back to Disney, to stay at Disney again but I would first need to find someone to go with!
- Personal: I have basically achieved all of my personal goals besides writing a book. That seems absolutely insane, but I am so thankful and beyond blessed.
- Financial: I no longer have a set financial goal.
Why have my goals changed?
I think more than anything this year has just proven to me that some things really don’t matter, and other things mattered more than I thought.
As someone who loved to travel before this year, I would have rather put my money into traveling than into living in a nice house. Now that I’m spending more time than ever at home I much rather have a nice home.
Having a nice clean, organized house and daily routine is way more fulfilling to me than it has even been.
Growing isn’t everything
Over the past 4 years I have been obsessed with trying to grow my blog and business, I always wanted more more more. This year really taught me to slow down and realize how blessed I am with everything I already have.
What are my new goals going forward?
I feel so excited about the future, and I feel like after a year like this one I know more clearly than ever what I want in the future.
I don’t need to accomplish all of these things by December 31st, these are just things I want out of the next few years
A true home
I have always rented, I’m currently renting what I would call my “Dream House” (maybe I’ll share more of it soon) but I really want to buy a house that I can paint, and customize.
I love DIY’s and decorating and I feel like when you live in a rental you can’t really make a house a home the same way you can when you own it.
I think ideally I would want my house closer to friends, and family back where I use to live in Nebraska and not here in Orlando, which is where I just moved too.
Orlando is great, but I don’t really know anyone here.
A physical product business
I love creating things I have had a small t-shirt shop for a while but I would love to create more physical products and be more creative in my business.
A Disney Related Business
I probably consume more Disney podcasts, Instagram posts, and YouTube videos than anyone I know.
For a while now I’ve wanted to start posting more Disney content, but I’m still not sure how.
Maybe I’ll make Disney themed shirts, create a podcast, blog, or YouTube channel. Only time will tell.
Things in my life have definitely changed a lot since this year began, and they aren’t all for the worse. Sure, I wish I could travel more, and go back to Disney but I’m sure I’ll be back in the parks with my friends one day.
This year has taught me a lot about what really matters, what I want from my life, and how to be patient.
If you made it this far thanks for caring about my regular life, I’m sure I’ll post more business and blogging related content soon.
Thanks for reading!